Congratulations Bryn Kirsch!
Winner of the inaugural 2020 Mansurian Music Composition Competition for String Quartet “Endeavors”
Annual Mansurian Composition Competition Guidelines
Lark Musical Society
Entrants must be students enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory in the state of California
during the year of entry.
To encourage the creation of chamber music that demonstrates a tangible connection to Armenian
art, culture, and/or history.
The available instrumentation for the 2021 Competition will be announced by May 1, 2020.
The winning composer(s) will receive: a cash award of $2,500*; a public performance of their piece by
members of the Armenian Music Program at UCLA; and a professional-level recording of their
*The Mansurian Prize is generously underwritten by Elizabeth and Justus Schlichting.
The performance will take place within one year of the winning work’s announcement.
Honorable mentions will be considered.
The names of the winner(s) will be announced publicly from the stage of the Dilijan Concert Series in
January 2021 at Zipper Hall (of The Colburn School), and on the websites of the Lark Musical
Society and UCLA Armenian Music Program.
*The $2,500 cash prize should be considered as an all-inclusive commission fee, and will include
travel and lodging expenses.
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm (PST) on January 1, 2021.
- Submissions must be sent via email to [email protected]
- Submissions must include:
- A score and parts in PDF format.
- A brief biography.
- Proof of enrollment in a California based institution (email verification from professor is sufficient).
- Submitted works should be 5 to 15 minutes in length.
- Audio recordings are encouraged with submission but not required.
- Limit one composition per entrant.
- No entry fee.